07/09/2016

Wednesday Warzones #2: Arena Annihilators

It's time for another instalment of Wednesday Warzones!


Due to not having much opportunity to group up with other players throughout the last fortnight (noisy kitchen renovations all but nullify TeamSpeak for me, and when it was done for the day it was nearly time for other people to go do Ops or whatnot), again I've had to make do and mend and only use one day's worth of PvP footage for this video.

On the plus side, this means that this video is much shorter than last time. In grouping up for the Lowbie PvP Bracket with fellow bloggers Shintar and Traitine - who also streams several games including the occasional bit of SWtOR PvP - on Sunday, we encountered several Arenas and only three actual Warzones. It was a very hectic afternoon!

I completely forgot to record the first Arena (my bad!), but recorded the other six matches. In spite of this, I have not included footage of the Huttball and Novare Coast matches. Whilst I'm not averse to include defeats in these videos, my perspective makes for an absolutely rubbish viewing experience in both cases. 

Even with cropping footage down to the actiony bits, it's still too much to cut out to justify including either match.

Also if you're wondering why there's suddenly a "blip" sound effect when I talk when there wasn't last time, it's because of the VOIP program which we used on the day, which was GameVox. I haven't checked to see if it's possible to mute that, as it is quite aggravating even on my end!

Anyway, enjoy!

Participants:
  • Coli'hara - Gunnery Commando
  • Zataa - Sawbones Scoundrel
  • Traitine - Tactics Vanguard

4 comments:

  1. Well, that saves me from having to make a video about that session. :P

    Only just noticed that you don't have floating combat text enabled, don't you miss the feedback it gives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as I say I would have preferred to include other sessions but this wasn't a possibility this time so had to appropriate the entire stream's worth of PvP for this purpose. Next time, though! :P

      Not really; I like to focus more on the end results rather than the "here and now", and it does prevent me from getting distracted by big and exciting numbers. It's one of the several psychological tricks I use on myself to keep my attention on what I'm doing at the time.

      Or at least that's what I keep telling myself! :P

      Delete
    2. But then how do you know whose heals kept you alive at the crucial moment and who should get your MVP? I see a clear flaw in this system!

      Delete
    3. To be honest, I don't think I'd notice that even if I had it turned on due to what I concentrate on in PvP. As can be seen numerous times, my main concern is always the objective even if I'm being attacked (hence why I turned my camera to face the node when fighting the Sniper and backtracking from the Juggernauts), then I focus on the enemy and what they're doing, and finally what my team is doing.

      I also tend to vote whomever got the highest Objective points when I'm by myself, so the MvP concern is also not an issue for me, really.

      Delete